Have you ever had a conversation like this: Did you get my email? Um, no, when did you send it? Two hours ago, is it in your Spam folder? No, its not in there are you sure you have my correct email address?.”… I think at some point in our lives we’ve all had a conversation like this.
If you or your members are not receiving emails, you should check your email filters and settings. Overaggressive spam filters are usually the culprit. Don’t get us wrong, nobody likes spam. Luckily, it’s a simple enough fix: White list the emails so they don’t get caught in the spam filter.
What’s a White List?
The white list, approved senders list, or safe senders list – there are a variety of names for it. Simply put, a white list is a group of contacts or email addresses that you want to receive email from. Essentially, you’re designating these senders “Not Spam.”
When you first receive an email, your service provider or email software will check this list. If the email has been sent from someone on this list, the email will be automatically delivered to your inbox – every time! We emphasize the words “every time” because spam filters are constantly changing. So, if you are receiving our newsletter today without issue, it may not always be that way – unless you add us to your white list.
How To Whitelist Senders
Here are examples of how to whitelist with a few ISP’s and with Outlook:
1. On the left of the screen under Mail, click Contacts.
2. Select either New Contact on the left of the screen under Tasks or add to “My Contacts” at the top of your screen under Search Contacts.
3. If you clicked on New Contact, enter the address and/or URL and click Add. If you clicked Add to My Contacts, type the address or URL and press Enter.
To add an address or domain to Safe Senders in Outlook:
1. Select Actions | Junk E-mail | Junk E-mail Options… from the menu in Outlook.
2. Go to the Safe Senders tab.
3. Click Add….
4. Type the email address or domain name you want to whitelist.
5. To add a single address, type “hein[email protected]”, for example.
6. To add a complete domain, type “example.com“, for example.
1. Click Address Book
2. Click New. Select New Contact
3. Add email address.
4. Click Save
1. Click Preferences.
2. Go to General Email Preferences and click Blocked Senders.
3. Type address or domain to add to the Exceptions list.
4. Click Add. Click Save.
By taking the above steps, this should help ensure your e-mails sent are being received, and as a recipient, you too are receiving your emails every time. While no one likes spam, no one likes missing out, either.
GroupNet Solutions provides Online Registration Systems for Team Management, League Management, Events Registration, Camp Management, Club Management, Youth Leagues, League Athletics and More!
14101 Parke Long Ct, Suite U, Chantilly, VA 20151 | 800-966-8605 | 703-815-8900